Joe’s Comment – I like computers and technology as much as anyone. The “social media” aspect of being “connected” is a modern point of dispute. The above picture with commentary speaks of a time when there was no “broadcast” dimension of social intercourse other than the gossip / rumor-mill of face-to-face interaction. By the by, my bike was a balloon tire single speed monstrosity that I rode until I was 14 years old. Wonder if it is still being used? Simpler and innocent times.
Word o’ the Week
Snollygoster – noun 1. A clever unscrupulous person.
Paul Joseph Watson
Joe and I have listened to PJW for years.
A few pertinent and timely observations below from his collection –
Paul Joseph Watson contends that popular culture is a direct threat to Western culture.
He has an economy of expression and mastery of the language which is refreshing:
PJW has a strong opinion on “cultural equivalence”.
It shouldn’t be difficult to extrapolate his perspective – some cultures are better than others.
The man speaks:
A few images and comments to drive the point home –
Another refreshing opining from Paul Joseph Watson, this time “modern art”.
If you paid attention to the above video, you will surmise this is another emperor’s clothes moment:
Joe and I are appreciating this young man’s ability to isolate the core of an issue, then present it as clear and plain logic.
Canada’s Liberal mental giants have passed a motion to “condemn Islamophobia and all forms of systemic racism and religious discrimination”. The damn thing appropriates the words “racism” and religion.
We refer you to a Huffington Post article (Joe damn near fainted to see the HuffPo even publish ANYTHING about it!)
This will put Joe and I behind bars for our thoughts on the issue.
Islam is not religion.
Sharia is not law.
There. We’ve said it!
To condemn an idea or ideology because the idea or ideology is based on illogical hysteria is not a “phobia”. It is common sense.
Once more, we have chosen Paul Joseph Watson to outline the gorilla in the mist:
Joe and I think all cultures are NOT equal.
Some cultures are better than others (ref. PJW above).
However, there is a case for diversity.
That is, diversity of food.
Here is a short cooking lesson on building beef enchiladas from Rocco and a willing accomplice:
Of course, Joe had to ruin the kumbaya moment with an incorrect and harmful cultural ethnic slur joke –
Joe and I have been listening to Pat Condell rant since the towers came down on 9/11.
He is a brave and outspoken Englishman who doesn’t mince words.
In the following video Mr. Condell makes his position clear and precise for those who are a bit thick in the reckoning department:
Mark Blyth is a self professed “Political Economist”.
Also a self professed Democrat.
He sees economics in a startlingly real light, unlike many who pontificate about economic theory and formulae and mega-phenomenon influencing economic ups and downs: Dr. Blyth presents the reality as a volatile tension between the economic elites vs the masses of have nots and have nothings.
Joe and I have great respect for his keen insights:
Another expose of the workings of Western and Global economics from Dr. Blyth. He is great at describing the Goliaths of world finance but hasn’t (to our knowledge) identified the David. Or the sling and pebble needed to bring down this death grip the high and mighty have on our lives through the banking system and corporate “capitalism” (that’s what they call it, but it ain’t capitalism). Joe and I, especially me, are such a stickler for words that matter what they mean:
Ode to Obama
Joe and I found the following at “Blue’s Blog“.
It is strong praise for president 44.
Joe and I read it.
Nice job Mr. Obama!
“One 82-year-old lady loves Obama and she may have a very good point. She says that Obama is amazing, and is rebuilding the American dream! She gives us an entirely new slant on the “amazing” job Obama is doing, and she says that she will thank God for the President. Keep reading for her additional comments and an explanation. When discussing Obama, she says:
1. Obama destroyed the Clinton Political Machine, driving a stake through the heart of Hillary’s presidential aspirations – something no Republican was ever able to do.
2. Obama killed off the Kennedy Dynasty – no more Kennedy strolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home.
3. Obama is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes! Dennis Moore had never lost a race. Evan Bayh had never lost a race. Byron Dorgan had never lost a race. Harry Reid – soon to be GONE! These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Obama has destroyed. By the end of 2016, dozens more will be gone. Just think, in December of 2008 the Democrats were on the rise. In two election cycles, they had picked up 14 Senate seats and 52 House seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party. However, in just one term, Obama put a stop to all of this and gave the House and the Senate – back to the Republicans.
4. Obama has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Sadly, every generation seems to need to re-learn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. Obama is bringing home the lesson very well: Liberals tax, borrow and spend. Liberals won’t bring themselves to protect America. Liberals want to take over the economy Liberals think they know what is best for everyone. Liberals are not happy until they are running YOUR life.
5. Obama has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one term, he has rejuvenated the Conservative Movement and brought out to the streets millions of freedom loving Americans. Name one other time when you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America!
6. Obama, with his “amazing leadership, “has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a “stimulus” to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded, or moved off-shore.
7. In all honesty, 4 years ago I was more afraid than I have been in my life. Not afraid of the economy, but afraid of the direction our country was going. I thought, Americans have forgotten what this country is all about. My neighbors and friends, even strangers, have proved to me that my lack of confidence in the greatness and wisdom of the American people has been flat wrong.
8. When the American people wake up, no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them! Barack Obama has served to wake up these great Americans! Again, I want to say: “Thank you, Barack Obama!” After all, this is exactly the kind of hope and change we desperately needed!!
9. He has saved Carter’s legacy and made Jimmy Carter happy, since Jimmy is no longer the worst president we’ve ever had. Credit goes to where credit is due. I feel better now!
THANK YOU OBAMA!”
Joe and I agree….. and remember a particular Rush Limbaugh rant from 2008 where he insisted that compromise with evil is not on the table…
Three dimensional printing has grown up.
The future looks bright indeed.
Imagine a world where strategic location of 3D machines allows printing of whatever part or piece you want. All that is needed is the computer code (file) to direct the machine. (This will spawn industries which deal with the code for complex designs – another story for another time).
The following Jay Leno’s Garage episode features direct metal laser printing, where a 3D piece is made directly in metal. Bry Ewan of Stratasys Direct Manufacturing explains to Jay and Bernard how this technology eliminates the creation of a mold step traditionally used to produce a metal part.
What fantastic technology the mind of men creates.
Joe wonders if the Chinese invented it, or stole the technology….
In this second restoration video, Jay answers Joe’s question by offhandedly stating that “this is American technology… you know, where you come up with new ideas faster than other countries can steal them”.
In the first video computer code is required to direct the 3D printer. In this video, Andrew McEwan of Faro Technologies demonstrates to Jay and Jim how the 3D code is built.
POLITICS, POLITICIANS, WACKJOBBERY, HUMOROUS, STUPID
GUNS, GUNNERS, GUNNERY
THE RELIGION OF PEACE (ALL OVER US)
The woman who built the video below (she identifies herself as “Tree”) has an insight into the hypocrisy of Islam.
And the hypocrisy of feminism.
Joe and I have been wondering how in the name of all that is logical can Western “feminists” remain silent in the face of factual inequality relegated women in the Islamic religion.
The answer it seems is appropriation of language.
Remember when “gay” meant “carefree, light-hearted, elated”?
Remember when the rainbow was a phenomenon of optics where sunlight is diffracted by water in the air?
Remember when “organic” meant and pertained to living entities?
Well, there is a new perversion in town that goes by the handle “Muslim Feminist”. What a farce!
This video is one of many Ms. Tree has created, including her oppression by the German “Stasi”, and the confiscation of her property for speaking out regarding the Muslim invasion occurring in Germany:
Ms. Tree is outspoken about BLM, Hillary Clinton, the term “African American”, and any other cultural or social hot spots glowing in the dark of today.
Well worth the time…..
Paul Joseph Watson gives his opinion of the Saudi Arabian culture:
Dr. Thomas Sowell maintains that poverty is the base condition of humanity.
He says the question is not how do countries / cultures / societies become poor. Rather, the question is how do some countries / cultures / societies become wealthy?
The discussion is vintage Sowell; unvarnished truths and facts and data to support his points.
The discussion below is an interview with Dr. Sowell conducted by Peter Robinson of the Heritage Institute on September 8th, 2016, subject: his latest book “Wealth, Poverty, and Politics”.
This is on our “must read” list. Anything written by Dr. Sowell is mandatory reading:
A few more Sowell observations –
Dr. Sowell makes the point that “human capital is the ability to create the material things that constitute wealth”. Therefore, you can argue that stripping away the material wealth from those with human capital will only forestall the inevitable for those who appropriate the wealth: once the wealth is consumed they will be in as dire (or worse) condition as before. It is the human capital which has true value.
YOU CANNOT CONFISCATE HUMAN CAPITAL.
Knowing how to create the wealth trumps having the wealth. He uses the current status of Saudi Arabia as an example – much natural wealth which precipitates welfare for the masses, but little human capital. Or the history of Spain plundering the wealth of the Americas: net result a nation bankrupt of human capital. Or the history of black people in 20th century America before and after the Johnson era “War on Poverty” welfare programs and civil rights legislation.
Joe and I did some calculus to reckon with this seeming contradiction.
We conclude that wealth is a byproduct of human capital, not a fixed constant in a zero sum game. Aren’t we special!
Another major theme presented by Dr. Sowell is human capital is stimulated and thrives in the society of mankind (womankind too if you must). That is, societies which are isolated (historically by geography) from the brotherhood (sisterhood too if you must) of humanity pay a price in human capital. With advances in technology the isolation of societies becomes less geographical and more cultural.
Joe and I figured out that the “sweet spot” for developing human capital requires surmountable stresses (not overwhelming stresses) and a dearth (not surplus) of material wealth to optimize human capital growth. Easy to say, hard to do.
Grand ideas and thoughts to ponder….
WEATHER (OR NOT)
The weather this week in Vernon was reminiscent to Joe of the Kipling “Just So” story about how the rhinoceros got his wrinkly skin.
The cold has snapped, but the daily above zero forays are offset by nightly plunges to high single digit negative temperatures.
The cloudless nights leave frost on the windows.
The cloudy nights make the ice patches sweaty and slippery as the Devil.
This in-between weather combined with the severe case of Winter madness Joe and I are suffering makes us as itchy and fidgety and ill-tempered as the rhino skin made the rhino, after the Parsee-man dumped sand into it.
February is at the Ides (if it was an Ides month), and sure feels like it!
Only 4 more weeks of winter……
Joe (itchy) Mekanic
p.s. Ramirez is scratch free and flying –